Re: [Usability] gnome-terminal: select the text and search the selected text in google
- From: "Pedro de Medeiros" <pedrovmm+usability-list gmail com>
- To: "Ross Burton" <ross burtonini com>
- Cc: usability gnome org, Liam R E Quin <liam holoweb net>
- Subject: Re: [Usability] gnome-terminal: select the text and search the selected text in google
- Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 20:51:00 -0200
On Nov 2, 2007 6:05 AM, Ross Burton <ross burtonini com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-11-01 at 21:16 -0400, Liam R E Quin wrote:
> > Actually I think it would be more useful to be able to
> > drag text from gnome-terminal and drop it onto a panel
> > applet that did a search in the default Web browser...
> Agreed. Add "search on google" to gnome-terminal and you'll get two
> bugs reports:
> 1) I want to use Yahoo (etc) search
> 2) I want to Search On Google from [some other application]
> So, you want this:
> Written by the one and only Alan Cox, no less.
Hm... and what about returning the old Un*x way of selecting text
back into the terminal  (pressing left button and right button to
select text instead of dragging the mouse)?
] [Thread Prev