Re: [Usability] gnome-terminal: select the text and search the selected text in google

Yves-Gwenael Bourhis,

My test implementation is it. Give to user a option to choose your prefered text search engine.

Archie Anderson,

I don`t know how deskbar works so much, but i will see...

Regards,
Luiz Vitor Martinez Cardoso aka Grabber.

On Nov 12, 2007 4:27 PM, Archie Anderson <saphronic gmail com> wrote:
Yves-Gwenael Bourhis wrote:
> Le vendredi 2 novembre 2007, Ross Burton a écrit :
>
>> On Thu, 2007-11-01 at 21:16 -0400, Liam R E Quin wrote:
>>
>>> Actually I think it would be more useful to be able to
>>> drag text from gnome-terminal and drop it onto a panel
>>> applet that did a search in the default Web browser...
>>>
>> Agreed.  Add "search on google" to gnome-terminal and you'll get two
>> bugs reports:
>>
>> 1) I want to use Yahoo (etc) search
>> 2) I want to Search On Google from [some other application]
>>

> And how about the Button being called "search on web" instead of "search on
> google"?
> And in the menus an option to Configure the "search on web" function
> with : "prefered search engin" and "prefered browser" and "prefered language"
> (and a checkmark button "Use browser preferences" instead of selecting the
> language)
>
> Wouldn't that fit any ones needs?

Doesn't the Deskbar applet already do just that? Select text in any
application and press Alt+F5 to search for it. You might need to turn on
that feature separately, but it's definitely there.