Re: [Usability] Tab consistency

On Sat, 31 Mar 2007, Matthew Paul Thomas wrote:

> Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 01:42:55 +1200
> From: Matthew Paul Thomas <mpt myrealbox com>
> To: GNOME Usability List <usability gnome org>
> Subject: Re: [Usability] Tab consistency
>
> On Mar 30, 2007, at 10:55 AM, Alan Horkan wrote:
> > Given the giant mess Firefox made of their Preferences dialog,
> > changing it though several iterations during their 1.x cycle and
> > flushing down the toilet years of techincal support Netscape built up,
>
> Oh come now.

Eh, full disclosure, shouldn't you make your background/bais better known
if you are sure you want to continue this discussion?  Usability has to
occasionaly weigh up the cost of change against other factors like
techincal support.

Short rephrase of my point: Gnome has a wealth of experience and precedent
on this and should be true (consistent) to itself first and foremost

--
Alan