[Usability] Linux Desktop Usability

Hello, I am looking to do a research project and usability study comparing the Gnome Beryl 3D desktop with the Gnome Metacity 2D desktop.  I've found the Better Desktop project but besides this, I haven't found much else in terms of Linux usability studies.

http://www.betterdesktop.org

Can anyone recommend further work that has been done with usability studies involving the Linux desktop?  If not, are there any more general usability studies that you know of?

Thanks.

-Patrick Carlson