Re: [Usability] About Me Applet

2007/6/12, Steven Garrity <stevelist silverorange com>:
[About Me not being used]
Is this really a problem that needs to be solved, though? I'm not sure I
enter this type of information into any of one my applications, let
alone a whole slew of them.

For users that are not paranoid about their personal data, the applet
could provide them with a single point to enter it, instead of
separately to every application that needs it.

Granted, the amount of applications in GNOME that could use this isn't
staggering, but this will hopefully change in the future when we get
IM/VOIP/whatnot integrated to the GNOME desktop (when, not if ;).

People who _are_ paranoid about their personal data can ignore the
applet just as they ignore the fields traditional unix user accounts
have (phone, room number etc).

--
Kalle Vahlman, zuh iki fi