Re: [Usability] About Me Applet

Neil wrote:
Well, I think instead of getting rid of it, it should simply be used. The reason it's not being used, I imagine, is because not all programs
are Gnome exclusive (and they shouldn't be), and this is a Gnome
exclusive feature.

One way to handle this that I can think of right now (and I haven't
slept in a while, so forgive me if unfogged minds find this stupid) is
to have a sort of unified standard for DEs to provide user information
and a standard way for programs to call the information from whatever DE
is active and then let it be used however.  [snip]

Is this really a problem that needs to be solved, though? I'm not sure I enter this type of information into any of one my applications, let alone a whole slew of them.

Cheers,
Steven Garrity