Re: [Usability] About Me Applet

Yeah, I forgot to hit Reply-to-All.  This one is sent to them.

Well, I think instead of getting rid of it, it should simply be used.
The reason it's not being used, I imagine, is because not all programs
are Gnome exclusive (and they shouldn't be), and this is a Gnome
exclusive feature.

One way to handle this that I can think of right now (and I haven't
slept in a while, so forgive me if unfogged minds find this stupid) is
to have a sort of unified standard for DEs to provide user information
and a standard way for programs to call the information from whatever DE
is active and then let it be used however.  Building on that, a better
way is to have a standard which dictates a format for a file that
programs could read and DEs could write to (and read, handy if you have
more than one).  I wouldn't mind writing the standard, actually, if
people felt it would needed.  And since Gnome is already storing the
About Me information somewhere, a simple script could copy over the
relevant details to the new format.

-Neil.