Re: [Usability] Gnome HIG suggestion: search box clear buttons

2007/6/3, Alan Horkan <horkana maths tcd ie>:
Just voicing some skepticism.  This is the kind of cluttered and
non-standard widgetry that Mozilla is going to do anyway (like close icons
on every tab that I don't like either) [...]

Just like epiphany does:

 http://www.gnome.org/projects/epiphany/images/customizable.png

and just like HIG recommends:

 http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/2.0/principles-direct-manipulation.html

Well, at least in my opinion this counts as the direct manipulation
talked there. So I "close a tab", and not "press a close button and
the active tab closes".

--
Kalle Vahlman, zuh iki fi