Re: [Usability] Reasoning behind default panel setup?

On Wed, 2006-01-11 at 20:47 +0100, Thorsten Wilms wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 07:17:08PM +0000, Joachim Noreiko wrote:
> >
> > In the sense that if one thing must go at the top, and
> > another at the bottom, then you are forced to have two
> > panels.
>
> The menu direction is a good point, but windows minimizing
> to a top panel is no problem at all. I don't see what would be
> weird about it. There's no metaphor / real life parallel that
> could be harmed.

True... but if the default task bar is moved to the top panel, the
default minimize icon should be changed accordingly. The current one
(resembling an underscore) seems to imply that the window will be
transformed in a small horizontal bar and moved downwards.

	D.

--
"Why program by hand in five days what you can spend five years of your
life automating."