Re: [Usability] merging applets

On Fri, Aug 11, 2006 at 01:34:10PM +0100, Alan Horkan wrote:

> Since there is a redesign planned I will take this opportunity to say I
> actually like the menu based approach and I hope it can be preserved as an
> option.

I am a bit late on this, but maybe it is possible to combine both
approaches to get the best of both worlds:

  +-------------------+
  | Control Panel     |
  | Mouse             |
  | Keyboard          |

This allows easy access to the most commonly used functions, but allows
for more functions in the control panel. This approach might have
discoverabilty issues, i.e. users assuming that all options are present
in the menu.

 - Sebastian