Re: [Usability] New "Add to panel" dialog

> > I guess it would be more suitable for Beagle-like software ?
>
> Aside from the polictal implications of adopting Mono how would Beagle
> be anything more than another search interface?

On the politics front, libbeagle is something to consider. Also, using a
central search agent makes relationships possible between items. For
example, hints could be given to users that when they search for Network
in the applet list, they could also get recommendations regarding where
to find Network Configuration in the control center. This brings up tons
of UI issues, but it can also be a very helpful feature that helps users
learn more about their system. Anything we can do to get users wanting
to find out more about GNOME and how to use it is a win on the usability
front.

Eric