Re: [Usability] New "Add to panel" dialog

(thanks Manu for starting this very useful discussion :-))

Le jeudi 20 octobre 2005 �2:33 +0200, Diego Moya a �it :
> A solution for many items would be to maintain the current form and
> provide a list of hyperlinks to the categories. The redundant indexing
> of Search and this "Table of Contents" would support both possible
> uses of browsing and looking for a specific item.

I don't know if this is this e-mail or another one that gave me this
idea, but...

What about changing the dialog so that it looks similar to the file
chooser:

 * you have a left pane, where you could see categories and select them
 * you could add the already existing panels to this pane and it would
list the applets currently in the panels if you select them

I'm really not good at ASCII art, but let's try...

| Top Panel      |
|--------------  | Meteo
| Accessories    | Wanda
| Internet       | .....
| Misc           |

There could be a search entry in the left pane or at the top.

You could also remove applets from the panels from this dialog too. I'm
sure Bryan would love this :-)

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas press�