Re: [Usability] Standard application shortcut keys

On Thu, 2005-03-31 at 18:19 +0200, Samuel Abels wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-31-03 at 17:21 +0200, David Christian Berg wrote:
> > > I think that more "handy" for copying is ctrl+insert, shift+insert for
> > > paste, and ctrl+del for cut.
> >
> > Also I don't
> > see, how you can use them with one hand only
>
> Maybe your keyboard layout has these keys positioned elsewhere? I use
> them with one hand, with a German or English keyboard this is easy.

Well, I'm using a laptop with a German keyboard layout. You actually can
access them, it just feels _very_ strange to me, because I never used it
and you need to span you hand over the whole keyboard (which should be
true for a standard keyboard aswell).

> I'm fairly certain that the x/c/v keys differ depending on the locale
> though.

Hmm, they're at the same spot on German and English keyboards after
all :)

David