Re: [Usability] Standard application shortcut keys

On Fri, 2005-25-03 at 02:15 +0100, Emilian Nowak wrote:
> I think that more "handy" for copying is ctrl+insert, shift+insert for
> paste, and ctrl+del for cut. Those shortcuts are well know to working
> everywhere on Microsfot Windows, and  they were also commonly used in old
> Borland text IDE's for MS-DOS. So they are not just handy, but also very
> popular.

This is not just Windows related. I am not a windows user but I use this
frequently (even though I also use C^c/C^v fairly often), no idea where
I learned them.
I think they are both equally easy to type, though the C^del/C^insert
keys are probably easier to remember.

> Besides all comercial software mentioned above, those combinations are commonly
> used in many Free Software project (both gtk, qt and probably many others).
> If you create simple window with GtkTextView widget you can use ctrl+insert,
> shift+insert here - that's good. Anyway it's commonly used, so it may be good
> idea to take this as "standard" and mention it in "keyborad shortcuts table"?

Since it is basically what already works everywhere I think there is
little reason not to add it.

-Samuel
|      Samuel Abels       |   http://www.debain.org    |
| spam ad debain dod org  | knipknap ad jabber dod org |