Re: [Usability] Can't Handle it anymore! (Consistent toolbars?)

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005, Kai Willadsen wrote:

> On Wed, 2005-03-30 at 17:41 +0100, Alan Horkan wrote:
> > One last question (or reiterating my previous question) should menubars
> > all have handles too?

> Well, in addition to the /desktop/gnome/interface/toolbar_detachable
> GConf key, there's /desktop/gnome/interface/menubar_detachable. Of
> course, I'm not actually able to find a single application that honours
> it - it may be a dead preference.

The existence of the preference is a good sign as far as I'm concerned.
An option for "Detachable Menu bars" could be added to
gnome-ui-properties, off by default and then I can go about submitting
patches to applications to honour the preference and add a menu Handle
box.

Boilerplate: I'm answering a bunch of different questions and I've
resisted the temptation to cram them into one mail, instead I'm adding
this boilerplate conclusion to save people reading all my other warblings.
At this point I need to file HIG bugs, a bug against gnome-ui-proprerties
(and hopefully a patch) and then bring this all to the attention of
developers, either through one of the lists or individual bug reports.

Thanks to all of you for taking the time and showing an interest in this
discussion.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan

Inkscape http://inkscape.org