Re: [Usability] Can't Handle it anymore! (Consistent toolbars?)

On Wed, 2005-30-03 at 23:12 +0100, Alan Horkan wrote:

> > > I assume that Muine is not still using a row of buttons rather than a
> > > toolbar as shown in the screenshot?
> >
> > As per 0.82 (latest release) Muine still has the row of buttons.
>
> I was trying to imply/ask politely if you intended to keep it that way and
> I wasn't sure it was really toolbar.

I am not the author of Muine, but this was discussed on the Muine list
quite a while ago:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/muine-list/2004-February/msg00069.html

I have tried to clone Muine's interface into my application:
http://gnome-look.org/content/pre1/16301-1.png
(the window in the foreground)

> I would have figured a toolbar (with an application default of priority
> text) would work just as well or better (but I'm biased).

IMO Muine's current button layout
http://muine.gooeylinux.org/muine.png

looks more clean than the one pointed out in the above thread
http://brokenbits.de/lars/cruft/rb-player.png

However, if Jorn would place the current buttons into a toolbar, users
could hide the border of it using themes, and would still have it look
the same. So I can't think of a reason not to use a toolbar instead.

-Samuel
|      Samuel Abels       |   http://www.debain.org    |
| spam ad debain dod org  | knipknap ad jabber dod org |