Re: [Usability] Will this replace gnome-cd too? (was Sound Juicer 2 mockup comments)

On Wed, Jan 05, 2005 at 02:59:44AM +0100, Sunnan wrote:
> tis 2005-01-04 klockan 22:07 +0000 skrev Alan Horkan:
> > "Do one thing well"
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> > Consistancy and stability.
>
> Personally, I'm in an either-or position, here:
> Either keep the CD player, and keep sound-juicer as "just" a ripper, or
> ditch the CD player.
>
> I see no point in having two. (I loved sound-juicer when it was "just" a
> ripper, by the way.)
>
> One problem with the CD player as it stands is that it doesn't work on
> all installations; not as well as those CD players that "rip as they
> play" (don't know what they're called, but you know what I mean) since
> not all computers have that little audio cable thing, and/or not all
> gnome installations have their audio mixers properly set up.

I have *no* idea if the componentization of gnome actually works, but
if it does, wouldn't the obvious way to do it be to have sound-juicer
"use" gnome-cd for the cd playing part of it?

--
John Lenton (john grulic org ar) -- Random fortune:
Ignorance is never out of style.  It was in fashion yesterday, it is the