Re: [Usability] Sound Juicer 2 mockup comments

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005, Samuel Abels wrote:

> Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2005 16:52:08 +0100
> From: Samuel Abels <newsgroups debain org>
> To: Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
> Cc: usability gnome org
> Subject: Re: [Usability] Sound Juicer 2 mockup comments
>
> On Tue, 2005-01-04 at 15:37 +0000, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > And there's no stop button in Totem, and I don't think there should be
> > one in sound-juicer as a player. What would be the use?
>
> The main use would be that it is closer to what people already know from
> the real world.

I strongly agree with this sentiment.
I much prefer the clarity of a seperate Stop button.

Also I tend to drink too much caffeinated drinks and get a bit hyperactive
and twitchy and I'm in the habit of aiming wildly and double clicking
occassionally.  With two buttons my inaccuracy is a lot less annoying.

I know there are people specifically asking for a seperate stop button
(and things don't get added to the Guidelines on a whim).  Are there
people besides Hadess who really strongly dislike having a seperate stop
button?  As you are the maintainer of Totem it is up to us to convince you
to change but I'm not convinced by your suggestion that is is an
improvement.

- Alan H.