Re: Hack away with Nautilus! (Re: [Usability] Alternatives to nautilus for two paned file management)

Am Donnerstag, den 22.12.2005, 19:56 +0100 schrieb Mateusz Łoskot:
> On Thu, Dec 22, 2005 7:43 pm, Christian Neumair wrote:
> > Am Donnerstag, den 22.12.2005, 07:42 +0100 schrieb Mateusz �oskot:
> >>
> >> Please, note taht there were such requests but without much enthusiasm
> >> from.
> >
> > I'd just like to let you know that I'm working on it and that I have
> > some good ideas on how to make it obvious which view is active, and how
> > the architecture will look like.
>
> So, please share your ideas. Is there any code to test?
> What is the roadmap?

My idea when I wrote the above email was to finish it until Nautilus
2.14, having a location bar inside each of the two panes, where the
active one would have a bold "Location:" label. The problem with that
approach is probably that all the location bar widgetry is a bit huge
for displays with a resolution of less than 1024x768. I'd also like to
hear some comments on how you want the throbber to work, and whether the
"stop" button should refer to both panes or just the active/focused one.

--
Christian Neumair <chris gnome-de org>