Re: [Usability] Re: [Desktop_architects] Printing dialog and GNOME

On Wed, 2005-12-21 at 18:56 +0100, Mateusz Łoskot wrote:
> Ross Burton wrote:
> > On Wed, 2005-12-21 at 16:25 +0100, Mateusz �oskot wrote:
> >> Excause me, I've not expressed it precisely.
> >> I tried to say that I Nautilus file manager + desktop is highly
> >> integrated
> >> with GNOME, so currently there is no good substition.
> >
> > That's not correct, nautilus is integrated into GNOME as it's the
> > default desktop and file manager.
>
> And IMHO this integration is a problem.

Not really. Nautilus can be completely done away with, and GNOME in
general will still function quite happily.

> > If someone wants to run an
> > alternative, there is no reason why that isn't possible.
>
> I didn't say it isn't possible, but running alternate file manager
> Nautilus integration to GNOME desktop is still present. What for?

You didn't completely remove Nautilus then. It's probably still in your
session and still controlling the icons on the desktop. If you want a
different file manager to do this, you will have to configure Nautilus
to not do it.

Having said all that... What does the file manager have to do with the
print dialog? If you want to start a new thread, please start a new
thread. Diverging an existing thread for your own purposes is rude, and
makes it difficult to read the original thread, or yours, as the two
become quite intertwined. Ironic for someone complaining about how the
Nautilus file manager is so heavily integrated. :)

-- dobey