Re: [Usability] Re: [Desktop_architects] Printing dialog and GNOME

>> It doesn't change anything. You still have to click or use
>> hundreds-of-tabs to move around :-)
>>

> Well not exactly. You only have to click 'ctrl+l' to get back your
> 'normal'
> path in location bar (you can even have it all the time if you want)
> (that's not that much if you really want to make extensive use of
> keyboard), when you are in file open dialog, just start typing. What
> exactly you can't do ? I don't think it's that bad. I actually don't see
> that someone is forcing on me mouse clicking instead of keyboard
> navigation
> (although there are some glitches here and there).

I've personally put a lot of (email) effort into making keyboard
navigation work in Nautilus. So we now have quite (but not perfect)
Mac-like keyboard navigation:
http://live.gnome.org/KeyboardShortcuts?action=show

Back in my Mac days, people who looked at the Mac thought that it was all
about clicking icons. People who used it intensively didn't often use the
mouse.

Note that keyboard navigation is essential for accessibility for disabled
people, and SUN have made sure that it works.

Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com
www.openismus.com