Re: [Usability] Re: [Desktop_architects] Printing dialog and GNOME (Summit mockups)

Daniel F Moisset wrote:
On Tue, 2005-12-13 at 11:32 -0800, Alex Graveley wrote:
Hi,

Carl Worth wrote:
 > PS. These side threads are entertaining, but I do hope we also get
 > back to Till's original list and we can all work together on designing
 > a good print dialog.

To this effect, here are the mockups I made at the Boston GNOME Summit to point out some of the directions I/we were hoping to go with a GTK print dialog.

Many things missing here... showing printer wait estimates, drop-down for saved settings if you have some, searchable chooser for networks with many printers, per-application custom controls, etc.

Looks nice! But something I would change is the arrows for switching
preview pages. Having to click 123 times in a row a button because I
want to preview/select page 124 would be very frustrating.

Perhaps the right widget to use there is a scrollbar? (it has the two
buttons, it has page advance, and it has dragging to getting close to
the desired value quickly)

Or just have a text field between the arrows that shows the current
page number and allows you to enter the new page number?  I doubt a
scroll bar that small would be very useful/accurate in selecting a
particular page...