Re: [Usability] The ``Replace File'' dialog should display the two file sizes, times, etc.

On 04/08/05, Christian Neumair <chris gnome-de org> wrote:
> I think the rename knobs add too much clutter. We could make the labels
> clickable though and after renaming a file in-place, it would be removed
> from the dialog and saved under the new name. To be honest, I just don't
> see many use-cases for this. Having multiple revisions of the same
> document in one directory is just crap. Revision control should be done
> inside documents.

File renaming is not only for revision control. Think of this
scenario: you're moving many photos from your browser's Download
folder to the Images folder, and in both there's a file called 1.jpg.
Both images are unrelated.

How about this version? A single "Rename" button that starts renaming
the focused file.

http://img338.imageshack.us/my.php?image=conflictingfilerevisionsb7ga.png