Re: [Usability] The ``Replace File'' dialog should display the two file sizes, times, etc.

Am Freitag, den 29.07.2005, 23:20 -0400 schrieb Jason Hoover:
> On Fri, 2005-07-29 at 15:03 +0100, Phil Bull wrote:
> > On 7/29/05, Jason Day <jason s day gmail com> wrote:
> > > Well, I decided to have a go at it:
> >
> > I had a go too:
> >
> > http://www.geocities.com/philbull_tk/gnome_dlg_mockup.png
> >
> > The text is a bit confusing/ambiguous and the dialog is pretty big.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Phil
> >

> I like this one too, it tells the user almost exactly what's going on,
> but I have a few suggestions/questions.
>
> *There should be a select/de-select all/invert options, perhaps context
> menu.
>
> *Will the view be expanded by default?
>
> *There should be a way to Rename. Perhaps a context menu? Have the
> "Existing file" column change to "File will be renamed to:" to
> illustrate.
>
> *As Eric said, there should probably only be an "Overwrite selected"
> option, but I think perhaps a "Skip All" button should be the default on
> the far right for our friend Mr. Point-and-Grunt.
>
> *Hmm, entering the distracting pink flamingo territory, a tooltip to get
> more information on the file, or maybe a properties context menu?

I've placed a proposed implementation of such a dialog under [1,2], which is losely
linked to your proposal. You will simply have to unpack the attached
testconflict.tbz2 file and enter "make".
I am heavily interested to get a similar dialog structure into Nautilus
2.14. Any comments?

[1] http://manny.cluecoder.org/file-revision-dialog/conflicting-file-revisions.png
[2] http://manny.cluecoder.org/file-revision-dialog/testconflict.tbz2

--