Re: [Usability] The ``Replace File'' dialog should display the two file sizes, times, etc.

On 04/08/05, Christian Neumair <chris gnome-de org> wrote:
> > I've planned to place a little checkbox in the first column header which
> > allows to unselect all if all are selected and allows to select all if
> > that's not the case.

Mmmmmh... It doesn't look clickable, lacks "affordance". It looks like
a "bullet" of an unordered list. Maybe place it to the right of the
"Overwrite" label?

And why does it have a minus sign? it doesn't relate to checkboxes.
Microsoft uses a greyed-out checkbox in such cases, to represent a
multiple list of checkboxes in which some are selected and some
aren't.

I noticed there's a functionality missing. Now you can't rename files.
Maybe you could add a "Rename selected" button alongside the
"Overwrite selected" one? Or maybe another column with a "rename"
command button for each file.