Re: [Usability] Re: Nautilus Toolbar customization

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 13:49:53 +0200 (CEST), Reinout van Schouwen
<reinout cs vu nl> wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Oct 2004, Super Donkey wrote:
>
> >> true, somewhat, but I think there should be a gtk customizer rather than
> >> application specific approaches.
> >
> > Well an application can't wait until the GTK guys figure it out.
>
> Epiphany has a toolbar editor very similar to Firefox's, and it uses
> GTK. So the code is there, but you'll have to find someone to patch
> nautilus. =)

IMVHO, The epiphany toolbar editor should be extended to be used in
all gtk/gnome apps. This would be great (and consistent). I'm not sure
why the gnome developers didn't figure this out yet. Even with few
buttons by default, one may want to have less buttons on his layout.

As usual:

1 - This is not intended to be a flame;
2 - Currently, I don't have the skills to do that by myself (I wish I could)

Best regards