Re: [Usability] Removing GNOME splash screens? (was: Re: Future of desktop splash screens - some thoughts)

  Gnome HIG says we shouldn't put version information in title bars,
and let it only on the about for release version, so I think that it
shouldn't show on the splash.
  Second, now with dbus we should start thinking in writting the
messages to dbus stream, so in ubuntu or other distros who will have a
dbus bootsplash can show it there. This way from start of you linux
system to full desktop loaded you will receive all the information in
one place, not kernel to console, init to vt1 or some bootsplash and
then gnome to its own splashscreen. 3 Diferent methods of seeing
information is very bad for usability.