Re: [Usability] Volume Control Consistency between Rhythmbox and Totem

On Mon, 24 May 2004, Thomas Conneely wrote:

> although this might be a good idea, couldn't it get confusing, if I am
> running a few audio applications (for sound engineering) this could get
> very confusing. Perhaps a slider affecting all MP3s/oggs, a slider for

What you're describing is a fringe case, but I like your idea of using
meta information about sound streams in some way to group similar
sources. But fine-grained volume control for power users should still be
possible. (Though I doubt if the default Volume Control should support
this. Perhaps using an expander widget, but this could get too complicated
already.)

> An extension to this idea would the allowing of custom sliders to be
> created by applications, but this should be discouraged and displayed
> seperatetly somehow.

Nod. Similar to adding widgets to the filechooser.

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen			Artificial Intelligence student
email: reinout cs vu nl			mobile phone: +31-6-44360778