Re: [Usability] Double-click in notification area?

thanks for that list of pro's of cons

> the cons are
>
> 1) makes selecting a single file/object prone to erroneus launching

now that you remind me I remember how this is even worse than it sounds (I
use konqueror occassionally and have used single click mode a little
because I wasn't going to reconfigure the settings).

Application startup time is still significant for most applications.
Applications like OpenOffice, Mozilla (even Firefox is slow to start), the
GIMP and even applications like Gedit and EOG take enough time to launch
that it is really annoying to launch something accidentally.

- Alan