Re: [Usability] can gedit edit remote files ?

On Tue, 2004-08-31 at 08:40 -0300, Mario Carugno wrote:
> I can open remote files (ftp) directly with gedit, but only in read-only mode.
>
> Is there a way to modify remote files ?

sarcastic i must assume, as i suffer the same usability hurdle right
now, while watching others do seamless editing of ftp files on a project
we are working on (website design, not much time frame), i have to flip
in and out of ncftp to update my changes.

neither webdav, nor ftp work without problems in gnome, foolishly
thinking this would be supported in 2.6.

best behaviour by far i had recently, i open a webdav file using
nautilus with bluefish, and have to authenticate with user/pass again in
bluefish...

disregarding the fact that i am not able to make new files on vfs
volumes using the right click menu, nor that i can create folders... or
delete ... *cough* anyhting. well... before this turns to much into a
rant, well... gotta live with it anyway.

i may head of to file a bug report to rename gnome-vfs into patchwork-
vfs.

.markus