Re: [Usability] Double-click in notification area?

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004, Ryan McDougall wrote:

double clicked. I watch in amazement as my mother, and practically every
person over 40 double-click on every GUI element just in case they have
to. etc. etc.

I could really go on, and on, but I'd rather hear a good reason why its
a bad default. Microsoft abandoned it doesn't carry much weight with
me.

I agree completely.

Furthermore I'd like to propose that we instate the rule that each time anybody brings in the argument 'people are used to what platform X does, so we must do it too, because that will make it easy to switch', that person has lost the discussion immediately.

(And I'm not *totally* kidding...)

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen			student of Artifical Intelligence
email: reinout cs vu nl			mobile phone: +31-6-44360778