Re: [Usability] Some interesting user feedback

Le ven 14/11/2003 à 19:28, Dan Winship a écrit :
> Another thing that could be cool would be a "check for a new version"
> button (with associated explanatory text) that would run red-carpet /
> apt-get / rhn / whatever for you to see if there was a new version of
> the package. (libgnomeui would just have stubs, which the various
> packagers could then plug their systems into.)
>

> Oh, and the current crash dialog includes the PID of the crashed
> application, which is useful for developers (so you can go to a terminal
> and attach gdb to the right process easily). Keeping that information
> somewhere would be nice, even if it was somewhere less prominent, like
> the titlebar, or in a "Details" pane a la gconf errors.

Another thing that could be really cool would be to not display this box
if a the same crash has already been submitted. To my mind, it's quite
frustrating to submit a crash report ten times and to wait for a fix...

Laurent
--
Essayer, c'est le meilleur moyen de se planter (Homer Simpson)