Re: [Usability] Some interesting user feedback

hi,

On Sat, 2003-11-15 at 05:28, Dan Winship wrote:
> Oh, and the current crash dialog includes the PID of the crashed
> application, which is useful for developers (so you can go to a terminal
> and attach gdb to the right process easily). Keeping that information
> somewhere would be nice, even if it was somewhere less prominent, like
> the titlebar, or in a "Details" pane a la gconf errors.

One of Chema's excellent projects under Gnome 1.x was gnome-crash.

You set an environment variable (which developers can do) and got
and extra button taking you straight to a gui with a gdb stack trace.

I used to use this feature alot under gnome 1.x

thanks,
wayne