Re: [Usability] Some interesting user feedback

On Fri, 2003-11-14 at 10:00, Luis Villa wrote:
> That whole dialog definitely needs some love. the 'fatal error' bit is
> useless, and the web page does not actually have more information :) I'd
> love for some recommendations from this list on how to make it more
> useful; my personal guess would be something like
>
> The "$APPNAME" application has crashed. If you submit a report on this
> crash, you can help us improve our software.
> [ Exit application ] [ Submit crash report ]
>
> 'Submit crash report' still has the problem listed here, but something
> like 'begin crash submission process' is probably too long/convoluted
> for a button.

Why not just add that info in the sentence before the button, e.g.:

The "$APPNAME" application has crashed. If you submit a report on this
crash, you can help us improve our software.  A wizard will guide you
through the steps of submitting a crash report if you chose to do so.
[ Exit application ] [ Submit crash report ]

Elijah