Re: [Usability] Some interesting user feedback

On Fri, 2003-11-14 at 12:00, Luis Villa wrote:
> The "$APPNAME" application has crashed. If you submit a report on this
> crash, you can help us improve our software.
> [ Exit application ] [ Submit crash report ]

I like the idea.  I had envisioned something similar, like this:

The "$APPNAME" application has crashed.  Tell us what happened and you
could help improve our software.
[ Ignore crash ] [ Tell us what happened ]

I'm not sure if the "friendly" tone I'm trying for is explaining what's
going on well enough.

> 'Submit crash report' still has the problem listed here, but something
> like 'begin crash submission process' is probably too long/convoluted
> for a button.

Yes, I think the current wording is a little daunting, akin to a message
for "Click to make appointment with dentist for tooth drilling"

~ Bryan

--
Bryan W Clark
Graduate Student