Re: [Usability] rubberbanding in gtktreeview

On 2003.11.11 18:25, Marek Peteraj wrote:
On Tue, 2003-11-11 at 16:52, Carlos Morgado wrote:
> On 2003.11.11 17:14, Marek Peteraj wrote:
>

> > So how do i select 30 items in a list and how shall i proceed if i want
> > to select discontinuous blocks?
> >

> I select the first, hit shift and select the last one. If I try to do the

> block select motion I fully expect the list item to move.

How will a simple user know that ctrl does adding single selection and
shift does block selecting? It's non intuitive and non obvious.

He learns. That's what people do. It distinguishes from apes.

How do you deselect a block?

The exact same way I select. Or I can just start over again and create a new selection.

> Do your lists have
> extra empty space ?

Gtktrees do have lots of empty space. But RB handles objects rather than

No they don't. I expect clicking anywhere on a row will select it, and draging to move it.

rows.

Exactly. Box selection doesn't make sense for lists.

> If I want to select discontinous blocks I use ctrl just like I do for
block
> selection. How do you select discontinuous blocks using block selection ?

That's not working although if i learn block selections i'd expect it to
add another block to the currently selected one. For example select from
item1 to item5 then item8 to item18.

How do you unselect them then ?

--
Carlos Morgado - http://chbm.net/  gpgkey: 0x1FC57F0A
FP: 0A27 35D3 C448 3641 0573 6876 2A37 4BB2 1FC5 7F0A