Re: [Usability] rubberbanding in gtktreeview

On Tue, 2003-11-11 at 16:52, Carlos Morgado wrote:
> On 2003.11.11 17:14, Marek Peteraj wrote:
>

> > So how do i select 30 items in a list and how shall i proceed if i want
> > to select discontinuous blocks?
> >

> I select the first, hit shift and select the last one. If I try to do the
> block select motion I fully expect the list item to move.

How will a simple user know that ctrl does adding single selection and
shift does block selecting? It's non intuitive and non obvious.

How do you deselect a block?

> Do your lists have
> extra empty space ?

Gtktrees do have lots of empty space. But RB handles objects rather than
rows.

> If I want to select discontinous blocks I use ctrl just like I do for block
> selection. How do you select discontinuous blocks using block selection ?

That's not working although if i learn block selections i'd expect it to
add another block to the currently selected one. For example select from
item1 to item5 then item8 to item18.

Marek