Re: [Usability] rubberbanding in gtktreeview

Hi Shaun & all,

On Mon, 2003-11-03 at 13:08, Shaun McCance wrote:

<snip>

> Nautilus is the only one listed that uses alternating-color rules.  The
> rules give a very strong visual row-delineation, and I think it would be
> a mistake to consider anything to be white space while using them.  But
> I always find the lack of them annoying.  They do exist for a reason.

Does HiG mention alternating-color rules? Could you or anybody else
point me to the section where it does? By alternating colors did you
mean that if i select a column the entire column gets hilighted with
different colors or shades?
I've been thinking about RB in gtktrees with multiple columns, which
have non-obvious objects (in cases where it's not obvious what should
get selected as object, typical example - evolution, a user may want to
select objects in 'From', 'Subject' or 'Date' column).

thanks
Marek