Re: [Usability]Re: Nautilus toolbar simplification

Michele Campeotto <ml micampe it> said:

>   I agree with Jens' opinion on stop/reload buttons (wouldn't be nice to
> copy safary here? just one button that does both stop and reload...)

This is a really bad idea for at least 2 reasons that I can think of:

1. In general its better to have a single control that does one and only one
thing. This makes developing muscle memory easier, and allows the user not to
think as much.

2. What happens if a users begins to click stop right as the operation is
completing, accidentally reloading the page, folder whatever...because the
operation of the button changed mid click.

dave

Reasons why this thread and the web browser thread are a waste of time

1. Maintainers are not involved.
2. Maintainers in the past have expressed zero interest in adding tabs (thank
god)
3. We already have a few decent gnome based web browsers
4. The file manager/web browser union is just an excuse to expose an
implementation detail (urls).
5. Nautilus is in feature freeze for the near term future
6. I get at least 3 copies of every email attached to this thread.
7. Just rehashing conversation that has happened a million times before on
the mailing list.
8.  ....
9.  ....
10. ....