Re: [Usability]HIG should advise against Yes/No in confirmation alerts

On Mon, 2003-04-28 at 14:51, John Levon wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 02:37:11PM -0400, Sean Middleditch wrote:

> > to come up with a question to ask.  And then there is consistancy; do
> > you ask them if they want to save first, or ask them if they want to
> > quit anyway, or ask them what they'd like to do, etc.  In the event a
>
> Consistency is mostly solved by off the shelf dialogs in the API and
> careful application of a well-written HIG :)

Right,  BUt if we want consistency, then either all dialogs possible
should be questions, or none questions.  Given that, the many many
custom dialogs that apps will need will have to come up with their own
content/questions/etc.

It seems better to just go with the simple non-question, which works
just as well, and should work for everyone.

That being speculation, of course - testing this ideas is a very good
suggestion.  ;-)