Re: [Usability]Re: Accelerator for New Window

On Wed, 2002-05-08 at 02:35, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> On 08May2002 02:36PM (-1000), Liam R. E. Quin wrote:
> >
> > [2] How can such users be accommodated?
> >
> >     For example, loadable key-binding sets?  That can make it hard for
> >     people staffing help desks or sharing a desktop.
>
> Gtk+ supports keybinding themes.

I think that would be the best approach. Sharing a desktop shouldn't
be a problem as long as it's easy to switch keybinding themes. As for
the help-desk issue, having users able to use a keybinding theme
they're comfortable with is probably a net win for the help desk.
(And if it isn't, the help desk can always say "if you don't use the
default keybinding theme, you're on your own". That seems to be a
fairly common help desk behavior. :>) Anyway, if it's a matter of
instructing the user to do something, they can always instruct the
user to do it with the mouse.