[Usability]Re: Accelerator for New Window

On Wed, 2002-05-08 at 12:13, Alex Larsson wrote:
> On Tue, 7 May 2002, Calum Benson wrote:
>
> > Christian Meyer wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi all!
> > >
> > > I've added an accelerator for New Window. (it's quite annoying without
> > > it!)
> > > Therefor I also had to change the accel for New Folder to Ctrl-f.
> > > I hope that doesn't conflict with anything else.
> >
> > Hmm... if and when we get Medusa or some other search facility back into
> > Nautilus, Ctrl-F ought to be the shortcut for Edit->Find.  Perhaps
> > something like Shift+Ctrl+N could be used for New Folder instead?
>
> I don't think that is right. Medusa should not go in Edit->Find. People
> expect Edit->Find to search in the currently viewed document. Not launch
> the search engine from hell.

Nautilus is a file manager, its document is the file system. Edit->Find
should search directories and files, by what means, find or msearch is
another issue.

Nautilus doesn't view the documents, a bonobo-enabled viewer does.  As
to whether it plays well with nautilus's menus is another matter.  I bet
the viewer will capture the Ctrl-F and use its find mechanism, while the
menu would call nautilus's.

--

sinzui cox rr com