Re: [Usability]Re: Should the HIG advise use of Check and Radio menu items?

On Thu, 2002-12-12 at 06:35, Christian Rose wrote:
> tor 2002-12-12 klockan 09.04 skrev Michael Toomim:
> > Ok, sounds reasonable.  To further refine this hypothetical menu, I
> > think it should probably be:
> >
> >   ----------------
> > |  View          |
> > |----------------|
> > |  Show Menubar  |
> > |  Fullscreen    |
> >
> > This way the action is clearer when there's no check next to the menu-item.
>
> I think changing menu labels is really a no-no in general, and
> especially when it comes to check box labels. How are you supposed to
> know that it's the same option selected or deselected if its label
> changes?

I don't think he was implying it changes - just that the label should be
SHow Menubar - that makes, since just having "Menubar" doesn't exactly
make it clear when the checkbox would do... just "something" to do with
a menubar.  Show Menubar is much much clearer.