Re: Fwd: Re: [Usability]File renaming/extensions [chbm chbm nu]

On Tue, 2002-08-20 at 17:20, Carlos Morgado wrote:
> > Have you read the report at namesys.com? It would bring much more
> > features that should have been on computers a long long time ago...
> >
> some time ago, yes. reiser discovered the "fs is a db" paradigm.
> good for him. i'm not a big fan of the church of reiser.

Neither am I. I only referred it as possible source of insights on this
question.

> > You are right, extensions are not needed. So way does almost every
> > application depend on them, nowadays?
> >

> i can't think of any offhand ..

I'll try to reword it: Why does almost every application use them
nowadays?

By "use" I mean that they slap a dot and a extension by default at the
end of every file they save and expect that the files that they open
follow the same convention.

Cheers,

David