Re: [Usability]GNOME-SEARCH-TOOL: Comment Request

> --- Damien Covey <djcovey softhome net> wrote:
> I'm no usability expert, but I would like to have my say.  I think that
> in Screenshot #2 it would be better to have the "available options"
> button and alike, above the "selected options" area.  In my opinion it
> makes it easier to understand how to add option the the "selected
> options" area.

Sounds like a reasonable request.  Lets see what others think.

> Also, do you know if any work has been done on anything along these
> lines as discussed on nautilus-list gnome org ?
>
> 2.\  Have another button on the toolbar called search.  This is one
> > feature that I find very difficult to get along without.  Just about
> > every file manager that I know of has the ability to search for, and in
> > files.  I would like to have the search in the sidebar beacause that way
> > I can see the files on the right and my search still in the sidbar.
>

> I completely agree with this. I would really like to see search reintegrated
> into nautilus instead of having a seperate tool as we currently do. I think
> an ex-eazel employee is hacking on medusa and trying to get it to work with
> gnome2 and nautilus. perhaps we will see this functionality readded in the
> future.

Sorry,  I do not know.  You should probably be directing those kinds of
questions to the nautilus hackers.  If someone wants to integrate searching
into nautilus that would be great.  But, lets please keep this thread focused
on gnome-search-tool.

Thank you,
Dennis