Re: [Usability]GNOME-SEARCH-TOOL: Comment Request

Dennis Cranston wrote:

[..]
I would like comments from usability experts pertaining to my redesign.  Also,
I would like people to review the wording of the various labels.
  Screenshot #1:
  http://bugzilla.gnome.org/showattachment.cgi?attach_id=10447

  Screenshot #2:
  http://bugzilla.gnome.org/showattachment.cgi?attach_id=10448
[..]

(IANAUE: i am not an usability expert) but two things struck me as posible improvements:

- When the advanced options are shown, change the label text from 'More Options' to 'Less Options' (Or rename label to 'Show extra options' and 'Hide extra options'), preferably even rotate the arrow around (pointing up) for the less options choice.. It is not a 'tree view', so it becomes confusing why you would click 'more' to get 'less' ;-)

- bevels, bevels, bevels.. why does everyone love bevels to indicate an different entity? Preferably i would like to see the idented bevel around the added options removed. If it isn't a 100% clear that these are the 'more options', add a line (<hr>) above and below the extra options.. (i think you could achive clarity by removing the bevel, the 'Selected options:' would show the options below are the selected options.. and put a line between the options and the 'Available Options' )

   -- Chris