Re: [Usability]Hello

> When this idea comes up (as it does from time to time), I can never help
> thinking "well, if there's only just one application that you can embed
> everything into, wouldn't that just be the desktop itself?"

Of course!  When we have a document-centric setup, there will be no
distinction between the desktop environment and the file manager.  All
the ways you interact with your computer will be conceived of as
managing files (or bits of data) in some way.

Windows XP is already creeping in this direction.  You can do a lot from
within Windows Explorer--rotate and print photos, burn CDs, play music.
I think it's great that Nautilus was designed for this all along.  I
wouldn't be surprised at all if one day nautilus became the desktop
shell with the panel disappearing and and all of the applications
becoming nautilus viewer/editors.

-Erik Pukinskis