Re: [Usability]Hello

On Wed, 2002-04-17 at 13:43, Calum Benson wrote:
> "D. D. Brierton" wrote:
>
> > If the components were done right then having two big applications which
> > were frameworks for embedding them would become redundant - rather there
> > would be just one.
>
> When this idea comes up (as it does from time to time), I can never help
> thinking "well, if there's only just one application that you can embed
> everything into, wouldn't that just be the desktop itself?"  And then
> you're kind of back at square one again :o)

LOL. Uhmmm ... (is there a smiley for slapping my forehead and saying
"Doh!"?) Of course I don't want to propagate this discussion (which I
started) further for reasons previously gone over but I guess there
would be a difference between the mythical action- and project-oriented
desktop and the current application- and file-oriented desktop. But
don't get me started again or I'll end up in everyone's kill file!
D. D. Brierton            darren dzr-web com           www.dzr-web.com
        Trying is the first step before failure (Homer Simpson)