Re: Comments on dialog proposal

At 9:36 PM +0100 9/5/01, Michael Rogers wrote:
Adam Elman wrote:
 I don't see why Close is any more confusing than "OK" or "Accept" or
 "Done", really.

I guess you're right - maybe the 'Close' button should use the 'Yes'
stock icon instead of an X that looks like the 'Cancel' icon, though.
Just speaking as someone who has been confused by it in the past.  :-)

100% agreed. Although I don't even necessarily think that having an icon there is necessary at all; I'd take all those stock icons out of the standard buttons were it up to me. With proper localization, having the icons there don't add much.

But I don't feel that strongly about it, so assuming that others feel strongly that the icons should remain, I'd agree that the "Close" button in this context should include a "Yes" icon or something similar-looking rather than something that could be confused with the "Cancel" icon.

Adam