Re: Please upgrade Tomboy to prevent data loss

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 6:00 AM, Og Maciel <ogmaciel gnome org> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 1:04 AM, Sandy Armstrong
> <sanfordarmstrong gmail com> wrote:
>> Great!  What version does the stable branch use?
>
> Just checked and was a bit shocked. We haven't released a stable
> version in over a year and the current version of tomboy is 0.15.6.
> I've been living in the devel branch for so long now that I didn't
> realize how outdated it it. :/

That's interesting, as 0.15.6 is an old development release.
Hopefully you can upgrade stable to 1.4.2 or 1.2.2?

>> They should be migrated along.  There have been no changes in how the
>> sync settings are stored.  The gconf key values are not changed at
>> all.
>> If you could provide a reproduceable test case that would be easy to
>> follow for a foresight n00b I'd be happy to look into what happened.
>
> So, I could get you an ISO for the latest devel branch (minus latest
> tomboy I built last night) and then you could run sudo conary update
> tomboy to update from 1.3.3 to 1.5.2

>From your other email, it sounds like this is actually working
properly?  But if you run into it again I'd definitely like to test it
out.  I'm not sure what could go wrong since there's no actual
migration happening...just the same settings being used across
versions, and package upgrades shouldn't touch what's in gconf.

Thanks,
Sandy